Are you having trouble connecting to your WiFi network with your Xiaomi device? Don’t panic, this article will explain why Xiaomi cannot connect to WiFi and 7 simple solutions to help you stay connected! From resetting the router to checking the settings on your Mi device. Let’s dive into these easy fixes and get you connected in no time.
Why My Xiaomi Cannot Connect to WiFi?
Before you start fixing the problem, it is important to know the reasons why your Xiaomi phone might not connect to your home Wi-Fi network:
- Check that your router is turned on and working properly. If it’s been a while since you’ve restarted your router, try doing that first.
- Make sure that the WiFi password you’re entering is correct. If you’re not sure, try resetting the password on your router.
- Update the firmware on your Mi phone. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates and check for any available updates.
If none of the above works, try restarting your Xiaomi phone in safe mode and then reconnecting to Wi-Fi. If that works, a third-party app on your phone may be causing the problem.
How to Fix Xiaomi Cannot Connect to WiFi Network?
Check your router settings
If your Xiaomi phone is having trouble connecting to your WiFi network, the first thing you should check is your router settings. There are a few things you can check to troubleshoot:
- Make sure that the WiFi network is enabled on your router.
- Check to see if your router’s SSID (name of the WiFi network) is visible.
- Make sure that you’re using the correct password for the WiFi network.
Change the frequency of your WiFi network
If your Xiaomi device is still not connecting to your WiFi network after trying the first fix, then you may need to change the frequency of your WiFi network.
This can be done by accessing the router’s settings and changing the wireless mode to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. However, If you’re not sure which one to choose, then you can try both and see which one works best for your Mi device.
Forget the WiFi Network and Reconnect
Try forgetting the network and reconnecting. This process will delete any stored passwords or other settings for the network, which can often fix connection issues. Also, it will clear any stored data that could be causing the problem and allow you to start fresh. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your Xiaomi phone.
- Click on WiFi.
- Long press on the network name that you want to forget.
- Tap Forget Network.
Now, try connecting to the WiFi network again from scratch. Enter the password if prompted and see if it works this time!
Reset Router Settings
Another common solution for Xiaomi not connecting to your WiFi issue is to try resetting your router settings.
This method can erase any custom settings you have entered into your router. So, be sure to write down any important details before continuing. To reset your router settings:
- Locate the Reset button on your router. This is usually located on the back of the router.
- Use a paperclip or similar object to press and hold the Reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the Reset button and wait for your router to reboot. This may take a few minutes.
- Once your router has rebooted, try connecting to your WiFi network again with your Xiaomi device.
Update Firmware on Your Router
Still, your Xiaomi phone cannot connect to your Wifi after trying all of the above fixes, it may be because the firmware on your router is out of date. To check for updates:
- Log into your router’s settings page
- Look for the firmware update section. If there is an update available, follow the instructions to install it.
Once the update is installed, restart your router and try connecting to your Mi phone again.
Reset Your Xiaomi Device’s Network Settings
When you reset your Xiaomi phone’s network settings, all existing data from your phone’s network will be erased, including any custom configurations you have made.
The solution can be beneficial if you are experiencing issues with your phone’s network or if you want to start fresh with a new configuration. To do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Additional settings.
- Select Backup & reset.
- Tap on Reset network settings.
Contact Your Internet Service Provider
When all of the above fixes fail to connect your Xiaomi phone to your WiFi network, then you may need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get you connected.
We hope that this article has helped you figure out how to fix your Xiaomi that cannot connect to your WiFi network. Even if none of these solutions work, it’s important to remember that there are still plenty of steps you can take in order to troubleshoot the issue.
You should also consult with an experienced technician or Xiaomi support team for further assistance and advice. With some patience, you should be able to get your device reconnected without too much stress.